Natural Home Remedies For Damaged, Dry and Frizzy Hair
Living with frizzy hair can be the most heartbreaking thing in this world. The main culprit behind frizz is the lack of moisture in your hair, but humidity can also contribute to it. If you’re someone who’s dealing with frizz then, worry not because you can easily tame your frizzy hair with products that are easily available in your kitchen. I’ve put together my list of tried and tested Home remedies for damaged, dry and Frizzy hair. These remedies are highly effective as I’ve personally tried them and I hope they work for you too.
Coconut & Vitamin E Oil
Is there anything in this world coconut oil cannot solve? Coconut oil is an extremely hydrating and heavy oil which is great for conditioning your dry and damaged hair. You can also mix in a spoonful of vitamin E oil as its rich in antioxidants.
• Mix both the oils and take 2-3 tablespoons depending on the length of your hair.
• Dampen your hair and apply the mixture on your length and ends but not roots (to avoid scalp becoming too oily).
• Keep it for 30-40 mins but if you’ve got extremely dry hair then keep it overnight and wash it in the morning
Banana & Olive Oil
Bananas are rich in potassium, natural oils, and vitamins, which help soften and protect the hair’s natural elasticity, preventing it from split ends and breakage. Bananas also improve manageability, shine, and moisturize your scalp. Olive oil, on the other hand, is a great conditioner which helps bring back moisture to your hair and leave it healthy looking and shiny.
• Mix a banana with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and make a smoothie like texture so you don’t end up with banana chunks in your hair.
• Massage this paste into your hair and scalp
• Leave this on for 30 minutes and then wash it off
Apple Cider Vinegar
An Apple Cider Vinegar hair rinse is great for frizzy hair as it helps restore the natural pH level of the scalp. This, in turn, helps prevent moisture loss from the scalp and keeps the hair healthy and shiny.
• Combine a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with a 1/2 cup of water and pour over damp hair
• Comb through your hair and let it sit for five minutes and then rinse
Egg & Almond Oil
Almond oil helps give hydration back to your hair and makes them look shiny, and feel soft. Meanwhile, Egg yolks are rich in fats and proteins, and egg whites contain an enzyme – lysozyme — which kill bacteria and remove unwanted oils.
• Mix ¼ cup of Almond Oil with 1 egg
• Section your hair and start applying the mixture to your scalp and through the length of your hair
• Wait for 40 minutes and then rinse your hair as usual
Curd, Lemon & honey
Curd is great for damaged, unruly and dry hair. It also helps in overcoming dandruff. Lemon, on the other hand, has uncountable benefits. The antioxidants present in lemon prevents dry scalp, which eventually treats dandruff and helps to tighten the hair follicles. honey does a great job at sealing moisture in your hair and makes it stronger, smoother, and shinier.
• Mix 2-3 tablespoon of curd with 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon
• Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it in for 30-40 mins
• Wash it off with cool water
Some Frizzy Hair DOs
• After coming out of the shower, make sure you towel dry your hair using a soft cotton material instead of a hard towel.
• Brush your hair slowly and gently from the bottom. Try to avoid using a blow dryer as much as possible and air dry your hair as much as you can.
• Use a little bit of argan or coconut oil after air drying your hair and spread it evenly throughout. The oil tries to lock in the moisture in your hair.
Frizzy Hair DON’Ts
• Don’t brush your hair when it’s dry. It’s just going to create a frizzy mess.
• Start using natural hair care brands and stay away from products that contain alcohol, parabens or Sulphates. You can check out my list of Best Natural Skincare Brands to know more about brands that are completely organic and chemicals free.